Aug. 7-18 Polk County Public Schools will open their library opt-out system for the fall semester. PCPS families will be able to access the opt-out system beginning Monday, Aug. 7. The system will close on Friday, Aug. 18, and reopen again in January.
This online tool is available through Parent Portal and allows families to control what books and media materials their children can access in their school and classroom libraries. You can view a tutorial on the polkschoolsfl.com website.
If you’re new to the area or are enrolling in a PCPS school for the first time this year, here are a few tips to get you started: (from polkschoolsfl.com)
– Visit polkschoolsfl.com/enroll for instructions on how to enroll and determine your zoned school.
– Supply lists are provided by each school, and are usually posted on the school’s website or social media. If the info isn’t available yet, just reach out to your school directly.
– PCPS has no districtwide rule on backpacks, but each school can set their own backpack policy, so check with your school for details.
– Uniform/dress code specifics are set by each school.
– Breakfast and lunch are provided at no charge for all PCPS students.
– Orientation for K-8, middle and high schools will be on Aug. 8. Elementary school orientation is on Aug. 9. School starts on Friday, Aug. 11.
– Busing information is provided at orientation.
– Make sure to keep track of important school dates with our calendars page: polkschoolsfl.com/calendars.
– Please note that PCPS only manages the traditional public schools in Polk County. If your child is enrolled in a private or charter school, you’ll need to contact the school for details about their procedures.
For the most up to date information visit https://polkschoolsfl.com/ for more infomation.